Core Competencies and Skills
- Independent, positive, problem-solving leader with natural curiosity
- Agile development familiarity with 5 years using Scrum methodology
- Expert-level technical writing ability including full-stack concepts and online help
- Excellent project management and follow-through abilities
- Effective collaborator, team builder, and mentor promoting customer success
ACI Worldwide, Inc.
Technical Information Developer, 1/2019 – Present
Create user assistance content covering the full stack.
Review business requirements, user stories, product interfaces, customer issues, and engineering specifications to write first drafts of user assistance content covering the full stack. Create and manage documentation backlog for products through negotiation with Product Manager.
Note: 2019 promotion to Senior TID delayed due to corporate budget restrictions related to COVID-19.
- Manage ACI’s Merchant Fraud product and underlying framework products and act as SME, while contributing to other product work (such as Base24-eps, Immediate Payments, Transact) and internal projects.
- Roll out Docs-as-Code platform to 450 users. Sole ID member who proactively learned the technology, implemented the system, trained users, and provided documentation and ongoing support.
- Self-taught full stack concepts such as SQL to reduce development overhead.
- Managed user research with Implementation Services team to increase customer satisfaction when using Installation guides.
ACI Worldwide, Inc.
Senior Information Developer, 8/2014 – 1/2019
Created clear, concise, and accurate user assistance for ACI’s fraud and framework products
Translated complex technical information into effective, persona-based content. Created user assistance such as UI text, user guides, online help, and embedded help. Managed projects in an Agile environment with geographically-dispersed, cross-functional teams including product, engineering, project, and UXD.
- In 2018, led 15 product projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Collaborated with product, architecture, and UX to solved complex GUI issues for ACI’s Merchant Fraud product to enhance customer experience.
- Presented description of complex Merchant Fraud features to VP Risk Services for approval. She later used this to educate her team.
- Led an initiative to standardize and reuse messages across 20 ACI products supported by ID.
- Led migration of internal content from SharePoint to Confluence. Reduced the content by 80%, increasing efficiency and accuracy.
Retail Decisions (ReD)
Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst and more, 3/2012 – 8/2014 (acquired by ACI Worldwide, Inc.)
Led documentation efforts for ReD’s Customer Service Interface 2 (CSI 2)—a software solution used by industry-leading retailers such as Macy’s, IKEA, Nordstrom, Finish Line, Karma Loop, and the Bank of China for online fraud detection and metrics.
Published translation-ready customer-facing documentation. Top contributor and advocate for company Confluence wiki. Documented user stories, requirements, and design assets.
- Key member of the product team that developed ReD Shield’s Customer Service Interface 2. CSI 2 saves customers millions of dollars a month in chargebacks and fraud.
- Business Analyst – Represented the customer during discussions with web design and coding vendors to design features. Wrote requirements and presented them to clients such as Macy’s and Nordstrom for review.
- Technical Writer – Wrote all internal and customer-facing documentation.
- Customer-facing Trainer – Created a reusable training script and processes for large virtual courses for external clients ensuring customer confidentiality without inhibiting interaction.
- Internal Trainer – Created training and trained the customer service team, implementation team, and project managers.
- Tester – Used an iterative process to test defects, fix, and test again with a small team. Gave the team daily testing metrics to keep us on track.
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
MIS Technical Writer, 4/2011 – 3/2012
Gathered requirements, developed and executed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts for Quality and Regulatory compliance systems.
Gathered and communicated requirements from MTF Corporate Users to a vendor (Makromed) responsible for customizing the Quality and Regulatory compliance systems. Prepared and maintained User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts, and executed tests for internal and external verified/validated systems.
- Identified 250 bugs in three software modules and followed up with vendor to remedy.
- Trained corporate users to create UAT scripts.
Senior Technical Writer, 4/2010 – 10/2010
Responsible for internal and customer-facing documentation for web-based mobile device management product.
Wrote technical product descriptions, user guides, and technical notes for use by customers such as AT&T, Clearwire, and T-Mobile.
- Wrote the first product functional description for mFormation Service Manager, used for sales and contracts.
- Standardized terminology to reduce customer and staff confusion which shortened the time of support calls.
Senior Engineering Project Manager, 4/2000 – 03/2009
Responsible for internal and customer-facing documentation for HP’s Business Services Automation group’s operating system and desktop management solution for IT administrators.
Wrote and tested product manuals, troubleshooting guides, technical notes, and release notes. Installed and tested HP Client Automation. Created test environments and documented test cases. Created test data and modified scripts as needed to capture and publish operating system images, deploy software components for testing purposes and maintain operating systems on client devices. Analyzed log files to troubleshoot problems. Performed usability testing and troubleshooting. Mentored junior writers.
- Designed and developed a self-paced interactive product tutorial for HP Client Automation.
- Received awards for commitment to quality, achievement and contribution, teamwork, and uncompromising integrity.
Product & Project Manager, 08/1996 – 04/2000
Managed product development for off-the-shelf and custom products from initial research through maintenance.
Created multimedia training products for Microsoft applications, related demos, web sites, and marketing materials. Developed and tracked project plans and budgets, resource planning, change and risk management for multiple projects. Assembled and directed teams of writers, artists programmers, and IT professionals. Supervised production and design of all collateral materials including web sites and packaging.
Writing: SDL Content Management System including XMetaL, SnagIT, Adobe Acrobat Pro, DITA XML, OXygen, Bluestream CMS, Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat
Agile: Atlassian Confluence, Atlassian JIRA
Technical: Microsoft SQL Server, Postman, PutTy, Oracle VM Virtual Box, SQL WorkBench, Eclipse, Atlassian SourceTree, Tortoise Subversion, Beyond Compare, GIT, WinSCP
Other: Figma, Office365, Notepad++, Microsoft Visio, HTML help tools such as Robohelp and HTML Help Workshop
Bachelor of Science, Corporate Communications
Ithaca College (1988-1992), magna cum laude