ACI Worldwide, Inc.
Senior Information Developer, 8/2014 – Present
Responsible for creating effective user assistance deliverables for ACI’s fraud and framework products
- Led an initiative to standardize and reuse system messages.
- Led a committee through migrating internal Information Development content from SharePoint to Confluence. We reduced the amount of content by 80% to increase efficiency and accuracy.
- Collaborated with customer facing partners on user validation testing, most recently to determine the effectiveness of embedded help types.
- Mentor Information Developer members on key skill upgrades such as writing user stories, analyzing requirements documents, writing embedded help, etc.
Retail Decisions (ReD)
Senior Technical Writer/Business Analyst and more, 3/2012 – 8/2014 (acquired by ACI Worldwide, Inc.)
Worked primarily on ReD’s Customer Service Interface 2 (CSI 2)—a software solution used by industry leading retailers globally (such as Macy’s, IKEA, Gap, Nordstrom, Finish Line, Karma Loop, the Bank of China, and more) for online fraud detection and metrics.
- Key member of the product team that developed ReD Shield’s Customer Service Interface 2. CSI 2 saves customers millions of dollars a month in chargebacks and fraud.
- Technical Writer – Responsible for all internal and customer facing documentation.
- Business Analyst – Participated in design discussions with web design and coding vendors to help design features. I often represented the customer during the design. I also wrote requirements and presented them to clients such as Macy’s and Nordstrom for review.
- Customer-facing Trainer – Created reusable training script and processes for large virtual courses for a variety of clients, ensuring customer confidentiality, without inhibiting interaction.
- Internal Trainer – Created training and trained the customer service team, implementation team, and project managers.
- Tester – Worked as part of a small team testing defects, working through an iterative process to test, fix, and test again. I provided the team with daily metrics about the testing effort. The documentation I wrote was used by other testers, unfamiliar with the application, to test. This also allowed me to fix defects in the guides.
- Top contributor and advocate for the internal Confluence wiki.
Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation
MIS Technical Writer, 4/2011 – 3/2012
Responsible for requirements gathering, and then development and execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) scripts for Quality and Regulatory compliance systems.
Gathered and communicated requirements from MTF Corporate Users to an outside vendor (Makromed) responsible for customizing the Quality and Regulatory compliance systems. Prepared and maintained User Acceptance Test (UAT) scripts, and executed tests for internal and external verified/validated systems.
- Identified 250 bugs in three software modules and followed up with vendor to remedy.
- Trained corporate users to create UAT scripts.
Senior Technical Writer, 4/2010 – 10/2010
Responsible for internal and customer facing documentation for web-based mobile device management product.
Wrote technical product descriptions, user guides, and detailed technical notes for use by customers such as AT&T, Clearwire, and T-Mobile.
- Wrote the first product functional description for mFormation Service Manager, used during the sales process and for contracts.
- Standardized terminology to reduce customer and staff confusion which shortened the time of support calls.
Senior Technical Writer and Analyst, 4/2000 – 03/2009
Responsible for internal and customer facing documentation for HP’s Business Services Automation group’s operating system and desktop management solution for IT administrators.
Wrote and tested product manuals, troubleshooting guides, technical notes, and release notes. Installed and tested HP Client Automation. Created test environments and documented test cases. Created test data and modified scripts as needed to capture and publish operating system images, deploy software components for testing purposes, and maintain operating systems on client devices. Analyzed log files to troubleshoot problems. Performed usability testing and troubleshooting. Mentored junior writers.
- Designed and developed a self-paced interactive product tutorial for HP Client Automation.
- Received awards for commitment to quality, achievement and contribution, teamwork, and uncompromising integrity.
Product & Project Manager, 08/1996 – 04/2000
Managed product development for off-the-shelf (OTS) and custom products from initial research through maintenance.
Created multimedia training products for Microsoft applications such as Outlook and Windows 2000, related demos, web sites, and marketing materials. Developed and tracked project plans and budgets, resource planning, change and risk management for multiple projects. Assembled and directed teams of writers, artists programmers, and IT professionals. Supervised production and design of all collateral materials including web sites and packaging.
Bachelors of Science, Corporate Communications
Ithaca College (1988-1992), magna cum laude