We all have so much knowledge. The best thing we can do is to share it.
Hoarding information won’t make you irreplaceable. Recording it won’t make it easily accessible; Honestly, how many recorded meetings do you watch?
I highly recommend that you document as much as possible. The following are some examples of when you can do this:
- You create, learn, or change a process.
- You learn new terminology.
- You think of something that would be useful when onboarding employees.
- You gather a list of Subject Matter Experts for product features.
- A colleague asks you how to complete a task.
If you know the content, I can assure you that it won’t take much time and it will help everyone be better.
Just document it!
See post on LinkedIn.